PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Travel Poster Comp C&C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ace41

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Travel Poster Comp C&C Reply with quote

Travel Poster Comp C&C
Done for a class PSD class i have been auditing
Tried to stick to old school travel poster feel but while doing so keeping how New Vegas would look as if it was real.

dredi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, good

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is cool. :) The one thing is that the hotel on the right (prior to the barrier) and the car... I don't know, something about the scale of them, compared to each other and the photo as a whole... it just doesn't look right to me. Not sure. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Ace41

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx ya ill try and find a better size for the car i wanted it to stand out more or be pushed forward into view over the garage.

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, it has some good lines.

SSO

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has good potential, but I don't think that it looks like a finished project - more like a 'detailed sketch'. If I should 'remake' it or do something to change it, I would keep it more simple. All the textures look wierd, like you have repeated them, e.g. when making the wall that the city is behind.
Also I would limit the amount of buildings in the background the way less, maybe even only one building - the tower. I like the line going all the way through the center of the picture, and that's why the centered tower-building has a good effect in the picture.
Last, but not least, the colors are a bit too intense for my taste (remember, all I am saying is that it doesn't fit my taste very good - luckily we all have different opinions ;) ). I would tone them down, maybe make a copy of the entire image, adjust the curves a bit and turn down the saturation and apply a gradient map with colors like a dusty dark blue and purple/dark pink or orange, turn down the opacity of this layer to about 30 - 20% and change the blending mode to lighten/screen.

Oh, and the text; it looks like it took about ten seconds to make, which makes the impression of the image slightly worse than if the text was really thought through - great typographic work always pays off!

I hope I made myself sort of clear, and that my post is not all gibberish ;)

Good luck
//SSO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: