PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Rotating view - how do you reset?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

give

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Rotating view - how do you reset? Reply with quote

Ever since I upgraded to a newer Mac that has a gesture savvy trackpad, since I sometimes leave my thumb resting on the trackpad, moving my finger makes the computer think I'm do the two finger "rotating radio dial" gesture. The end result is that the view of my work rotates, and it displays a compass-like graphic on the screen to show me how far I'm rotating the view.

Drives me nuts, and I can't find a way to put the view back again except to try and rotate it back with the same gesture -- which is imprecise -- or save, close the file, and reopen it. This isn't rotating the canvas as the top of the file is still the top, but it is rotating my view of the file.

Is there a menu option somewhere that I can go to and just reset it to 0 degrees or something? I've surfed the menus, but haven't found anything that appears to be what I want?

thanks!

compass.png
 Description:
Here's what I see when this happens...
 Filesize:  129.12 KB
 Viewed:  1301 Time(s)

compass.png

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. I use a tablet and find it one of the best features it has, having said that I could see how it could become annoying on a trackpad thumb incident!

Don't own a Mac, but found This plugin to disable the function. Suck it and see perhaps?

It's from Adobe so hopefully should sort you out :)

give

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Ah, rotation tool. I feel like such a n00b. Never use that tool, and hadn't noticed it until you called it out. That's perfect. Now I can just select the tool and reset the view. phew!

planetbob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Hii Reply with quote

Well have seen this tool being used in lots of PS tutorials, but don't know why my PS CS4 doesn't support this tool.. :'(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: