PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Floating image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

creigh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Floating image Reply with quote

When I have an image open in Photoshop CS5, if I click on F key the image floats on grey. If I click F key again it floats on black. But my black has gone & now the image floats on blue. Don't want blue. Want the black again. Can't figure out what I did. How do I get back to black please?

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. Shift Click inside the area with the paint-bucket tool and the colour of your choice.

creigh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear thehermit. T
hanks for responding, but that's not the answer. I'm not talking about changing an area in the image, or a second blank (colour) image I've moved another on top of. The issue remains unresolved. I'm loading 3 images tht hopefully show what I mean.
Screen shot #1 My image on the normal photoshop background (neutral grey for me).

Screen shot #2 I click the F key & image 'floats'on grey (which isn't how I want to view image but that is what you get after 1st F key hit.)

Screen shot #3. When I hit the F key a 2nd. time, the image is fully in black (usually). All tools disappear. But suddenly my black is blue. Doesn't matter if I've chosen paint bucket tool before hitting F key - doesn't function on blue background that image is floating on.

Hmmm.. the attachments seems to have attached in wrong order, but they're numbered....

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.56 KB
 Viewed:  373 Time(s)

3.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.66 KB

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  110.4 KB

1.jpg

creigh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: dear thehermit Reply with quote

the hermit - I am SO SORRY! You are completely correct. I think my dog must have taken my brain out for a walk. You have absolutely fixed things for me.
Embarrassingly, creigh

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP ;) I did scratch my head thinking of an alternative :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: