PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
sRGB for non wide-gamut display??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang fire, when it's not so late and I'm more with it (sober) I shall attempt a response.

TimCee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ok thanks hope you had a good night! :)

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO good I forgot - will attempt another pass when the satellite is overhead ;)

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely forgot about this, until today, so apologies in advance.

I have included a screen-shot of my settings to make it clear, however for the colour space to prevent conversion problems you may wish to use AdobeRGB rather than ProPhoto. The Fogra39 is a more common European offset print process and the CMYK is really more for soft proofing accurately. The only other thing you may consider changing is the conversion options, where you may wish to change Relative Colormetric to Perceptual (it's 6 of one and 1/2 a dozen of the other, do some research to see what suits you).

TimCee

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is over but i have another quick question :) I am now using Prophoto rgb and was wandering what other settings i should use in the colour settings menu - CMYK, Gray and Spot. I just want general settings as i dont have a specific printing lab I use or anything. Also I'm in the UK

Thanks for any help :)

TimCee

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how that was posted again!! Thanks for your reply I've really appreciated your thoughts so I've been checking periodically ;-)
Right ok I'll go with these settings, I was wandering about the two spaces - I've heard that you have to be careful with 'space age colours' if you go over the top with prophoto, is it the same with adobeRGB? Is this just me being paranoid or can this happen easily? Would you have to be pretty crap for this to happen?!? Thanks again for getting back to me :) Hardly had time to use Photoshop this last week also had to reinstall my computer yawn!

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As ProPhoto is a much larger colour space you do have to be a little careful that you don't shift colours massively out of gamut when converting, some can have a tendency to clip, but on the whole as long as you confine yourself to working only in 16bit, and convert to 8bit only after editing and then converting the colour space to your intended output, (RGB,sRGB....)

At the end of the day it's better to work in the largest colour space, suitable for the job at hand, banding issues will be reduced and other histogram issues reduced. Convert to appropriate output and hope for the best ;)

TimCee

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help I always shoot in 16 bit and think I would notice major colour problems. I guess I am being paranoid, I suppose I wanted to know if editing would be dramatitcally different to my old workflow. Thanks again for getting back to me and pointing me towards digitaldog as well it's a great resource! Seems I have only scratched the surface lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: