PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Falling Star (looking for criticism)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

The Megal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Falling Star (looking for criticism) Reply with quote

Hello, I'm brand new to these parts and I was wondering if ya guys could give me some gentle criticism. I liked how this piece turned out, when I found the model I knew I had to do something with it. But I feel like it's missing...something. If this where you're creation, what would you change/add? Please and thank you.

fallingstar.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  122.18 KB
 Viewed:  728 Time(s)

fallingstar.jpg

TechnoBach

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Megal. I'm new to this too, so maybe someone could critique my critique? :P

Anyways, I really like your picture, the falling/glowing effect, but I agree it seems like somethings missing. I was thinking you could make the model be reaching for something? It'd give it more direction. And then maybe a bright star where she's pointing, again for a bit more direction and purpose.

The Megal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TechnoBach wrote:
Hey Megal. I'm new to this too, so maybe someone could critique my critique? :P

Anyways, I really like your picture, the falling/glowing effect, but I agree it seems like somethings missing. I was thinking you could make the model be reaching for something? It'd give it more direction. And then maybe a bright star where she's pointing, again for a bit more direction and purpose.

Thank you, that's a good idea I shall try it out. I can post it here once I'm done :)

darklite

PS Version: cs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it really needs something like more stars in the background not alot, but something to bring out the foreground pic. But mostly, what I see that's distracting is the motion blur filter all around the figure. I agree that a soft glow would help, but to me, the motion should be directly behind the figure, not all around it. Overall, I love it. It's a great idea, and visually very strking.

http://www.autumnwindstudios.com

icesamurai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd put one planet in the background then lower the opacity on the planet as if its far away.

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The major thing I can see wrong with your peice is the motion blur on the hands and face. The m/blur on the body suggests that the figure is travelling in a downward direction but on the hands and face it is below the figure which suggests that these are moving upward, a bit confusing to the eye. I agree that the b/g needs something subtle added to the big dark space in the lower section. Overall I like the concept but the figure is confused.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: