PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New mixtape cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

CadillacMatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: New mixtape cover Reply with quote

Hey guys... been milling over ideas for my next project, and decided to do a slowed-and-chopped R&B mixtape... been workin all morning on the cover, what do you guys think? Just trying to get a general opinion if there's anything can improve, as I'm still beginning and always trying to get better. Thanks!!

darklite

PS Version: cs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an awesome piece. The colors, the graphics, and especially the slow bangin logo is first rate. My only suggestion is that it looks like the curve of the ceiling got away from you a bit. I'm talking about the part right over the guy on the right. It looks kind of like an illusion, but maybe you intended for that to be. Anyway, you've got a good design sense. great job!

http://www.autumnwindstudios.com

CadillacMatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darklite wrote:
This is an awesome piece. The colors, the graphics, and especially the slow bangin logo is first rate. My only suggestion is that it looks like the curve of the ceiling got away from you a bit. I'm talking about the part right over the guy on the right. It looks kind of like an illusion, but maybe you intended for that to be. Anyway, you've got a good design sense. great job!
Thanks much for the kind words darklite, which part of the ceiling are you referring to, the area with the floral motif?

Thanks again

CadillacMatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished working on the back... I wanted to get an opinion of the tracklist font/layout... it's a little eccentric, I think it fits well with the theme, but is it too hard to read? Maybe I should stick with a simple serif font?

Thanks

darklite

PS Version: cs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cover again. Poppin design! The font spacing seems to be the problem, otherwise the font is very readable, it's just too close together. The only cure I can see for that is to just go a bit smaller, or let it ride as it is.

As for your first piece, I'm referring to the section just about an inch away from the guy's head on the right-the guy with the sunglasses.

http://www.autumnwindstudios.com

CadillacMatt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I look at it you're absolutely right about the spacing. Going to fix that. Thanks again for your insight! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: