PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
new to photoshop- review my work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

2bad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: new to photoshop- review my work? Reply with quote

I just got photoshop about 2-3 weeks ago, and have just been learning like crazy, but my images all still feel so empty. could some of you guys help me out and review these? i appreciate it.

cry sig 2 rough draft.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.61 KB
 Viewed:  1432 Time(s)

cry sig 2 rough draft.jpg

cry sig.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.89 KB

cry sig.jpg

star wars sig.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.56 KB

star wars sig.jpg

2bad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is one of the sigs with a little brushing,and a cool gangster pic i made(i hope I'm doing this whole brushing thing right), and a devil pic.

EVIL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.01 KB
 Viewed:  1424 Time(s)

EVIL.jpg

cry sig 2 with text brush.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.91 KB
 Viewed:  1430 Time(s)

cry sig 2 with text brush.jpg

2bad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I must suck...no one is saying anything.

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cry sig 2.jpg is pretty cool. deff the best out of all these. The background is really cool. i would change the hue on the guy tho. a slightly different hue of blue would look better. Cry sig isnt that great. the weird background with lines is kind of interesting, but it doesnt work witht the text or image you have.
But since you are just starting out and learning the differnt tools and what they do, this stuff is pretty good. keep practicing and doing different tutorials so you can learn how to do a variety of things.

2bad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally someone replied. Thank you for the CC, I really appreciate it man.

The first cry sig wasn't even done though, I don't know why I posted it :). Maybe it was an accident.

Also, do you know why the "gangsta" picture shows up so blurry? In Photoshop it looks crystal clear.

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing blurry in the gangsta pic are the two images you got online from some website that had low rez pics.

To see what things actually look like while in PS, click either the zoom or hand tool. then there will be an option at the top that says view actual size. click that to see what it will actually look like. Most likely, you had it fit to window while you were working on it in photoshop. then when u saved it as a jpeg it saved it at the resolution that you had previously chosen. So when you host it, it shows it at 1000x1000 pixles.

Thats just my guess on why it looks diff.

something that might look cool with that is to make gangsta look like its on a wall. copy the type layer, then shut one off. with the visible one, right click and select rasterize type. then go to edit>transform>distort.
This along with perspective and warp, are really cool tools. Mess around with those and get familier with them so you can apply them in different compositions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: