PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Masking help needed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Etherald

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Masking help needed Reply with quote

By using an adjustment layer I'm trying to change the colour of my boring FLStudio interface (or part of it) whilst retaining the logo. The adjustment layer bit is easy but masking the logo so that everything looks professional when the adjustment layer comes into play is proving much more difficult.
I've put up a screenshot of what I've been up to with the quick mask but as you will see the result is far from satisfactory. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas on how I can improve the effect I wonder? Thanks in advance.

http://musemoi.deviantart.com/art/MaskingDifficulties-359397459?ga_submit_new=10%253A1363240083

Auieos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is just color your changing then use the click and drag inside an adjustment layer. (pointy finger with arows)
Click on the grey just below the frooti loops logo and then adjust the hue and saturation on that band that it selects.

frooti1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.31 KB
 Viewed:  566 Time(s)

frooti1.png

LensLily

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also use your color range tool to choose only the areas you are wanting to enhance, make new layers and adjust those in the ways you need.

Etherald

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to both of the replies so far - the first was something I wasn't aware of but for the colour I'm looking for I really think I'll be requiring the lower 'light' dial.

LensLily's suggestion to use the color range tool sounds interesting but I'm not sure how to go about it. Perhaps I'm more of a newbie than I thought.

Etherald

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm presently looking at color range tool tutorials on YouTube - this tool sounds promising. Still, the masking question still stands - I'm doing something incorrectly and I'm not sure what it is.

Etherald

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the color range tool is the way to go. Thank you, thank you! Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: