PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Critique and possible help on newbie flyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

lakita

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Critique and possible help on newbie flyer Reply with quote

Hello all!
Here's the scoop ladies and gents,

My passion is praise dance and youth ministry. I just so happen to have a BS in Information Technology and work in the IT field by profession....not as a web designer or graphic designer mind you....most of that I learn as I go.

Here is my 2nd draft of a flyer for a Dance Ministry State Wide Worship Arts Conference I want to host Oct 2007:

Is the 'glow' on the worship service speaker too strong?

One thing I don't like is the sharp rectangle boxes with the speakers names against the rounded picture...any suggestions there?

Anything else?

Lakita

PS
If anyone wants to play with the PSD version let me know

STATCON2.jpg
 Description:
2nd Draft of conference flyer
 Filesize:  84.73 KB
 Viewed:  721 Time(s)

STATCON2.jpg

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the glow on the minister, nor do the square boxes bother me, but the other photos under the address look dark on the version posted here.
If the square boxes are a problem why not change them to oval? (with the eliptical marquee tool) and you could soften the edges with a feather if you wished as well. Wayne

lakita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swanseamale47 wrote:
but the other photos under the address look dark on the version posted here.

I was playing around with the "fill" slider because the one pic with the mimes was REALLY bright....is there a way to get it so the brightness is sort of equal?

Sabrina's pic is about the brightness I want, I'm going to try to get a different pic from Stine with a lighter background.

Thanks

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the easiest way is to open all the photos at the same time in photoshop and compare them, auto levels might do the trick as well, but I prefer the manual approach myself.
When you have them all resized for the webpage, open a new 10x8, fill it with the webpage colour and drag all your photos onto it and place them roughly where they will end up, then if you open the layers palette and click on the layers one by one you can ajust each pic at a time and compare it with all the others.
I think I'd also turn the photos on the left side so they are looking into the page rather than out (image/rotate/flip canvas horizontaly) Wayne

Bazman

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Wayne on the boxes, glow and images, you could also try matching the curve of the background circle for the right hand side of the square boxes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: