PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
A Simple stright line after a curve!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

K-milk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: A Simple stright line after a curve! Reply with quote

OK, So I want to make a 3d Logo, but i need to outline my existing 2d logo with the pen tool to import it into the 3d program.

Now my logo has a lot of curves, in fact i start the outline with the curve, but then there is a straight line, and instead of creating a straight line, PS creates another curve!

This is seriously frustration me because i have been trying to figure it out for quite a while now with no luck!

I just want a simple straight line after i create a curve? But for some reason, when i create a curve with the pen tool, i then click on the location where i want another anchor point, and it automatically creates a curve, which normally you have to drag the anchor point to create a curve.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While using the pen tool, hold down the alt key and click the curve point to remove the curve handle.
Conversely, hold the alt key and click a straight point you can pull out a handle for a curve.

K-milk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye,
But then my existing curve turns straight?

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold ALT when on the anchor point of the path (the hollow/white square on the bezier), this should allow you to go straight ;) (sorry without PS infront of me, I can't provide pictures).

darklite

PS Version: cs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what you're describing. However, maybe for the straight line you can use the line tool. Then click on the layers palette and right click the line layer and choose "rasterize".

Can you upload your logo so we can see it? That will help us better to answer your question. [img][/img]

line.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.36 KB
 Viewed:  453 Time(s)

line.jpg

http://www.autumnwindstudios.com

K-milk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Well I want to thank you all for your help, my problem has been solved. Here is a more detailed explanation for those who did not understand me.

The first shape is a example of what i wanted to accomplish.

The second shape was the problem.

After i made the curved line, the next anchor point that i placed would create another curved line, without me having to drag the point. All I needed to know was how to stop PS from automatically continuing the curve, and instead create a straight line.

Thanks again for all your help! I could not figure this out for my life, and such a simple solution too.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be done very easily like this:

Untitled-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.32 KB
 Viewed:  440 Time(s)

Untitled-1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: