PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
you may also have the same problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

wownepali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: you may also have the same problem Reply with quote

First of all sorry for my bad english.My problem is also same as everyone else who visit this forum has.How to get success in design?I am from nepal where there are no design schools. Only few small institutes in capital which can be counted on fingers with low skills and cheating students.I am from a small town where i have not a single friend with whom i can discuss designs and other related stuffs.The only way to learn is through television and internet.Internet connection is also too slow .ISP provides 64 kbps but while surfing we only get 5 to 6 kbps that also when the speed is maximum.Average rate is 2 to 3 kbps.

The only thing that i know is i want to be a reknowned creative designer.I tried to learn flash,photoshop,freehand,illustrator,premiere,after effects,3dstudio max,

z brush and other few softwares. I learned it through the help file provided in softwares and for advanced learning i browsed for tutorials in the net.As my connection speed is low i cannot download video tutorial files and other stuffs which are more than 10 mb in size.I have seen so many good tutorial books in the net but i cannot buy, it's not because i cannot pay for the books but it's because books can be bought only throuh credit card system.In nepal only 3 to 4 percent people uses credit card. And even if i use the credit card i have no idea whether i will get my books or not.

Whenever i get time i surf the net and read articles about other designers like how they got success . So after reading articles about other designers what i found is almost all of them have spent minimum of 7 to 10 years in this field and have attended some 4 years or 6 years of design schools or colleges.

So now my question is , is it impossible to be a good designer without attending any design and animation college?Is it impossible to be a good designer without buying those books from the net?Is it true that one has to born in america or european countries to be a good designer?

Or is it possible with hard work,passion and creativity, no matter where ever you are, and no matter whether you have attended design schools or not.

Recently, i am not doing any job , i am a student.I started learning designs and softwares since past 3 years when i felt that i was born for this only.

After 2 years what i discovered was there are so many categories in design and art like there is product design, package design and so on...

And there are so many issues related, like one has to be good knowledge of color theory,resolutions,background knowledge of art , typography and so on... what is typography?

I searched for these things in the net, and found articles about these issues but still i am confused.Now i have ideas about all these issues .But have no strong knowledge.what should i do?

If you know good links to get strong ideas about all these issues then plz help me. And plz don't provide me those basic links which can be found in googles in a matter of second and makes me surfing all day with no good knowledge and makes me wander this and that site.

If you also had the same problem that i m having now then plz share your experience with me . It will help me a lot. I am really in a bad condition.

I am providing you the link of my work www.freewebs.com/wownepali so that you can view my work and strongly suggest me what i need to improve and what are my faults. Your critics are only the best way for me to develop right now.

Thanks for the people who invented forum ideas .

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate.
I am a member on the website www.deviantart.com
THe reason i suggest you look at this site si beecause it's probably the easiest way for you to expose your work to ana ctive community. You can upload your images, and other people will give you comments on them. Also, if you see another artist's work that you like, you can ask the artist about their techniques. It's free, the only problem is it can be a bit of a slow site.... with a slow internet connection it will be a bit of a pain.

malcon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deviant art is ok, but your best bet to get this information and the knowledge your looking for is giong to be cgtalk.com
check it out! its got the latest and greatest.

FOR HIRE! malconpierce@gmail.com

Gallo_Pinto

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that's a very cool site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: