PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Would appreciate some help, advice, ideas and tips <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

KantusThiss

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Would appreciate some help, advice, ideas and tips <3 Reply with quote

Get ready, this is lengthy!!

Hey guys,

First time on any photoshop forum and this is because i am in great need of peoples skills and knowledge. Im currently doing a Body of Work for Art (Im in Year 12 the last year. So yeah this artwork is major and makes up half my mark of the year in Art).

My idea is to use a photo of me (17 year guy) and a photo i took of a tiger and put the tigers face on mine. Now it truly is as simple as it sounds. Im just using masks to colour in the tigers face on mine and hey pronto! ive done my major in a day!!!! This idea though good concept wise (Concept: Though we call ourselves humans, we still have animilistic emotions. Eg. rage of a tiger) is lacking in spectacle and, well, flash. I need this to be amazing!!

As i said i have just been using masks and so far though it looks good its too dam simple. The way im giong to set this up is to have 3 photos of me: 1 slightly sad, 2 angry, 3 enraged. The first will have a bit of the tigers skin, the second more and the third my face will be covered in tiger face (sounds hilarious dont it?)

This is kindve a practice so you guys can see the direction im going in: Its in the attachment part!

So yeah, basically im just asking if u guys have any ideas, tutorials or tips that i can use to make this artwork great! Anything that could be of any use!!!

Much <3 and appreciation[/img]

Joemini.jpg
 Description:
The practice :)
 Filesize:  48.55 KB
 Viewed:  624 Time(s)

Joemini.jpg

Rayof86

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how realistic you want this to look or if that is a huge concern but one simple thing you can do to make the photo look a bit more realistic is adjust your levels some so the tiger face doesn't just seem dropped on top of the subject.

On the tiger face layer go Image->Adjustments->Auto Levels and that might get the tiger more closely in hue with the subject. If not, you can adjust levels to your liking manually on each layer.

Adding a bit of shadow around the neck will help tremendously and I would personally darken the white of the eyes a bit so it looks like they are a bit sunk into the tigers skull. Also might help to darken ears some so they aren't so bright compared to the tigers face.

One thing I like to try when I attempt these type of manipulations is to shrink the tiger face a bit smaller than your subjects actual face and try create a smooth transition from skin to tiger. Sometimes this works without much effort, sometimes it can be some work to get it perfect.

Sorry I cant help add more 'flash' but some of these tricks might help the photo flow a bit better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: