PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Where are backgrounds?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ace5150

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Where are backgrounds? Reply with quote

Newbie here, and I hope I'm in the right place!

I have Elements 6, and have no idea on how to even begin to use it. However, I got an issue of Digital Camera 141 with a great looking Photoshop - Learn it Today CD-Rom that features making pop art prints and making a gritty urban image, which look fantastic!
The tutorial on the CD-Roms are both informative and conscise, even though as a total amateur, I have difficulty keeping up with the lessons at times!
I was trying to keep up with the Urban Image lesson when it told me to select a New York background, which the lesson did effortlessly.........but gave NO indication of how to obtain it, so is my Elements 6 'out-dated'.....or does it have backgrounds that I haven't yet sourced?
Any advice would be welcome.
Thank you in advance

renata

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backgrounds like that are not part of the software. They are photos or files which you can use and manipulate to suit.

Double check that the disk doesn't provide you with a few backgrounds on file. Have a look at the actual files on the disk, see if there are any jpgs which you could use. Sometimes such disks have a folder with a name like "Resources". Or it might claim to offer some "Stock Photos".

If not, I'd imagine that you can use any other background you like. Take a photo yourself, or have a look at free photo sites such as:
http://www.sxc.hu/

Best of luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: