PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
what kind of processing is used in these photos ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

avereesdad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: what kind of processing is used in these photos ? Reply with quote

I am fairly new to photoshop and I really like these photos... the light almost high key look of some of them...I'm sure there is more than one editing style but the majority of the wedding photos have a sort of fashion editorial look...I'm looking for any advice on how to get this look... http://jindaphotography.com/?/page/b5c6/love/

Auieos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the photos you have provided as examples have the style you describe due to how they were taken with a DSLR initially and not so much what has been done in Photoshop afterwards.

If you really want to get the studio look then I would concentrate more on how your taking the photos to begin with.

There is a way to do it in Photoshop however. Its a bit cheap and nasty but it works.

1. Open your image.
2. Create a levels adjustment layer
3. Move the black and white input levels sliders in from the edges until the highlights look blown out enough and the shadows are dark enough.
4. Go to menu 'Select > Color Range' in the dropdown menu up the top select shadows.
5. With the levels adjustment layer active and the shadows selected fill the mask with black.
6. Now go back to the layer your image is on and again go to menu 'Select > Color Range' but this time select highlights from the dropdown box.
7. Right click your selection of highlights and choose 'Layer via Copy' (This will copy all the bight parts onto a new layer of its own)
8. Now with your new highlights only layer active go to 'Filter > Gaussian Blur' and blur the layer up a suitable amount to give the highlights a soft appearance.

And your done. I added a saturation adjustment layer to reduced the saturation on the image I have provided as an example because adjusting the input levels in can make the colors a bit too sharp.

good luck.

avereesdad

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thank you ..I'll try it ...! I realize a lot is how you take the photo and I'm not looking for a short cut ..but the quality/editorial look is really nice and I assume there was something done in post processing whether adjustment layers, plugins,etc...the photos look a lot more polished/professional than others I've seen and I believe they are just using a canon dslr .

counsel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice example Auieos!

Janifar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that's really great, like this kinda of image for ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: