PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Want some feedback on Boardchange Flyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Passionfruit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Want some feedback on Boardchange Flyer Reply with quote

I had to design a flyer for a sorrority board-change. The theme was X-diamonds are forever. I used some smoke brushes, splatterbrush on the right and a floral brush to fill in the background a bit.

To create the title-effect I used bevel and emboss_>Stroke emboss->double ring, with a white stroke and a white to black radial gradient to cover the text. Used the same technique for the date, except for the black stroke and no gradient cover, but instead, I added some inner shadow.

I created the X with the 3D-tool and added some bling with a starbrush. Also did I put in a contour of a lady standing and added a small white stroke + some white outer glow

What do you think of the james bond spiral in the information-box? I still think it looks a bit odd, but I don't know what to do with it. Next to that I think the flyer turned out pretty cool. Please do not mention the crowdness in the flyer, it is the general style of the sorrority.

Thanks in advance!

XdiamondsAreForeverrh.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.52 KB
 Viewed:  325 Time(s)

XdiamondsAreForeverrh.jpg

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Passionfruit,

For the spiral, you could try moving it to the center of the box that it is in - rather than toward the right. You could also try raising it a bit so that the bottom of top and the circle have the same padding.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: