PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Text In Photoshop Or Dreamweaver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

NiPsTeR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Text In Photoshop Or Dreamweaver Reply with quote

hi all AGAIN! ;P

can anyone tell me why PSD templates download with text layers in, as i cannot see a way to export the text to html - is there a way to export to html (the text that is)?

i am really a beginner in the web templates from psd so if you wanna just keep typing and typing explaining things dont let me stop ya ;P

look forward to some replies!

have a good day all

NiPsTeR

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only use web standard fonts in a webpage. I mean you CAN use some crazy looking font, but some guy in Texas who doesn't have that exact font on his computer won't be able to view your cool text. There is no way that I know of to install a font to a persons computer without having them accept a download (which most people won't do, and that probably violates any copyright laws on most fonts). You can embed text into flash, or you'll just have to make your cool text a graphic which may not be bad depending on how much text there is...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a list of some web standard fonts:

http://www.msfrontpage.net/fp/ans-standardfonts.htm

I use Verdana for most of my web pages. PhotoshopForums.com uses Verdana too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

NiPsTeR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: explain Reply with quote

it appears i didnt explain myself very clearly "sorry :P"

anyway i downloaded a template (as attached) and this already has text layers in - i wondered if there is a way to export this text as html not an image through photoshop.

all my templates (psd's) have contect in and i dont understand why as i cant find a way to export the text other than an image.

NiPsTeR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: as attached Reply with quote

as attached

014.jpg
 Description:
i have a psd will post a link later if needed
 Filesize:  198.05 KB
 Viewed:  1340 Time(s)

014.jpg

jamie473

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I am wondering about this too and found this dormant thread through a bit of searching, could anyone clarify on this one please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: