PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
setting up CS3 on Apple Mac.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

martinchivers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: setting up CS3 on Apple Mac. Reply with quote

I have had to buy a second hand (24 inch 2006) mac, as a quick fix, after blowing up my (2011) 27inch iMac!

I have installed CS3, but having a few problems!

1....No Application background! Had this before & was able to sort it, but cannot remember how its done.

2....I have my workspace saved (but from CS5, from the other mac) can I (& how do I) instal it, so that my preferences are set up? Maybe not an option on CS3.

3....I think I set up a similar thing in bridge CS5, can I use that for the CS3, now? If so, again how do I instal it?

4.....CMD-H is not working, but is on every other program.

I suspect, I'll have a few more issues, but that will do for now!

I hope someone will be kind enough to give me a few pointers! Thanks in advance.

Auieos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never I guess.

1. No option for this on CS3, The option was added in CS4. Workarounds include making your wallpaper grey and a plain grey screen app that sits behind Photoshop.

2. Try copy all the files in user preset folders. This may or may not work because of backwards compatibility issues.

3. Again try copy all the files in user preset folders. Same warning as last time.

4. Apparently Photoshop and MacOS fight each other with the shortcut keys. Apparently pressing command key + space-bar in Phostohop to give the OS focus can make the other shortcuts work again.

Good luck hope it helps.

martinchivers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: thanks....& an update! Reply with quote

I have now installed CS5. But still a few set-up issues. Maybe someone can offer up a few pointers. These are issues Ive had before, but forgotten how to get around!

When opening one image the image frame takes up the entire application background. Which again I don’t like. If I move the tab, it closes in the frame around the image (tighter) & that can be moved around within the background. Can it be set by default to do this?

I had saved my workspace & will have this backed up. But I don’t know what its called & where to find it & how to install it.

When opening an image to photoshop (from Bridge), the mac boots up “another” another version of photoshop, (i.e. running twice) despite the fact that photoshop is already running. In file allocations (bridge) CS5 is listed twice. If I set the second one, its fine. When installing we had problems & installed CS3 & CS5 (twice) so obviously CS5 must still be installed twice. How do I get rid of the first install?

martinchivers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: thanks.... Reply with quote

i'm now pretty much sorted, I now assume its not possible to instal a "SAVED WORKSPACE" from another computer. Ive just set it all again & saved again. Seems little point in that, to me really.

cmd H setting was in edit - keyboard shortcuts, all all done.

thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: