PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Select -> Modify -> Contract (in recent versions)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Khorask

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Select -> Modify -> Contract (in recent versions) Reply with quote

Im a hobbyist user of photoshop since v5 for many types of uses.

One function I find I use alot is the Select -> Modify -> Contract command..

What I often do.. is crop the borders of my images my a few pixels by first using the rectangular marquee tool to make a selection of the entire image.

If I try to use the contract command after selecting the WHOLE image.. it is greyed out (only in the more recent versions of photoshop)..

I can get around this by using the new border command but when I paste my copied image it has a blurred border which I dont want.

Ive found the only way I can select a 'contracted' version of my document is to do it 'manually' with the rectangular selection tool and zooming into (pixel level) and making sure I select the pixels I want. This has turned a once 1 second job to a 30 second job.

Anything Im missing ??

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: