PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Quick Mask
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

myducky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Quick Mask Reply with quote

I just recently started using photoshop cs5 (downloaded demo) and Im trying to take out some flash shadows in some wedding photography.

I'm trying to select the subjects, put them on a seperate layer, then select the background and place it on a seperate layer so I can clone out the shadows... (I'm leaving the original layer in the file so you can view the difference, as a final product)

However, I when i make my quick mask and then make it into a selection for the subjects, then place them on a different layer, and do the same for the back ground I have this line that looks like a work path but i never created a work path... I've went back and redone my quick mask, and its still there.... I don't normally work like this, but I had some problems with some photos using flash, so I need to correct them.

I just don't understand what this line is there for.. and I don't know how to get rid of it... :/ I've been working on it for about three hours now, and I'm really frustrated! Thanks for any advice...

Frown

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi myducky and welcome to the forum.

I think the technique you may be looking for is called 'Fill Flash' there are a few tutorials out there and you are free to search them out, here's one I know but as I say there are others out there.

Consider this URL as a jump off point for your searches Fill Flash

If you need further help or are baffled, shout out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: