PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
PS 5.5 Menus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

eddi887

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: PS 5.5 Menus Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm new to the site, and new to PS. I've been watching tutorials, all the way up to version 5, and they all show a horizontal menu above the vertical tools menu that shows options for the selected tool.
I can't seem to figure out how to get that menu to show up; it wasn't there when I installed the program. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...Jeff

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. I think you are referring to the context sensitive menu bar. It's been donkeys years since I have used 5, but I presume Window>Workspace will reset it back to the default values.

Failing that a reset of your preferences file. Hold Alt+Shift+Ctrl whilst opening PS it should give you the choice to dump your preferences file.

eddi887

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: PS 5.5 Menus Reply with quote

thehermit,

Thanks for the reply, and the welcome to the forum. I looked under the windows pull-down menu and found nothing related to workspace. I tried the Alt+Shift+Ctrl method that you mentioned, but nothing came up about the preference file, so I am at a loss. I'll keep looking, and I appreciate your help...

Thanks, Jeff

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone hunting for you.

How to reset pref file 5.5 or earlier Its near the middle of page.

I include a ridiculous list of all the shortcuts/hotkeys for 5.5 and that makes no mention either, but I thought you may find some use in it anyway. 5.5 Hotkeys

got a screenshot of that bar you're on about?

eddi887

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: PS 5.5 Menus Reply with quote

thehermit,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but thanks for the info. From what I have gathered at this point, the menu that I see in earlier version of PS is not available in in 5.5. I haven't been able to find a picture of the menu, I've seen it some tutorials, but can't capture it.

Thanks again...Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: