PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Q: Getting a weird mixer brush stroke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

deviantdigi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Q: Getting a weird mixer brush stroke Reply with quote

Greetings,
So ... I draw on 2 seperate computers and swap .psds between them to my convenience. Same drawing tablet though. I'm currently working on a drawing of a cartoon robot and I'm pretty heavy on the mixer brush to get that metal sheen effect.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/sbPApPY.png[/img]
(Sure.... :))

The mixer brush on my desktop setup is perfect. However, on my laptop setup (in the pic above), the mixer brush is really carrying the pixels and its hard to get that smooth look. Its basically like the smudge brush, on 100% regardless of settings.

So obviously, I went and played with the mixer brush settings, then I messed with the brush settings. It still acted funny, so I mimicked my desktop setup to the best of my ability and STILL won't cooperate. The brush seems to be very direct and accurate, even though the hardness will be at 0.

I checked the Drawing tablet configs and they are exact.

Its just the mixer brush though is what confuses me. I don't know if anyone else had stumbled across this problem, but I'd appreciate your advice.

Cheers,
Dev

deviantdigi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other ideas?

http://imgur.com/g1jVmL8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: