PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Filter problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Majkl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Filter problem Reply with quote

Hello everyone. First of all, I apologize for my english. I hope this is right forum section. I am Photoshop beginer and amateur. I dont use photoshop very often so please, take my question easy.

I have photoshop CS4.
Introducing my problem. I was trying to make a logo for music band. I didnt have any exact idea i just tried what i could do.
First of all i made this base text in mspaint ( i know its lame but nevermind )

Then i want to spice it up in some way... I launched photoshop and i decided to try some filters. Neon glow was interesting for me. After applying neon glow i had this result.

Then i made a negative and result was good for me. I tried it with different colours. This one I did with R - 0 G - 255 B - 255 and after negative it have red "aura" - nice :)

Well now, whats the problem. I found this way how to do this "logo" but then i wanted to do better "base text" and than apply this filter.
I did it exactly same way.
Base text made in mspaint, then -> PS -> filter -> artistic -> neon glow and i put there same values, but now the picture after filter, after same way, looks different. Even with whatever values it works just differently. I dont know why... and i dont know how to fix it. I even tried to put my original enrage into photoshop but now even this original "base" from ms paint have different output after filter. I didnt use anything else, only that filter. I tried to do a default PS config (ctrl + shift + alt at launching) but this filter is still working this different way, which is bad for me.

examples

As you can see, the text (letters) have still solid edges and you can only change "neon lights" which are outside or inside the text. ( its also adds some white light which is unwanted ) But when i applied this filter with same way first time, its output was different, the filter break these solid edges.
I tried to find what else could affect working of filter, I also asked my friends for advice, but no one could help me. They told me that filter is always same, only the colours changes it but i see that it is not.
I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with this issue.

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neon glow combines Photoshops background, foreground and glow color to create the glow effect.

Change your background and foreground color to black before you apply the filter.

Majkl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for reply ! I tried to change foreground and background colours before but i didnt used both black. And thats the result that i need :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: