PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Making other paths fit the exact curve of a circle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Chenjesu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Making other paths fit the exact curve of a circle. Reply with quote

So if you can imagine, let's say I have a circle as a path. Now lets say I want another path that follows the exact curvature of the circle, but does not vertically go to the the diameter of the circle entirely. When I try and fit the second path to the exact curve of the circle, I find it impossible to do. Is there a way to do it?
Here's a picture to illustrate it
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j472/darthinvaderzim1/PathsExample_zps5ac13021.jpg

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you want to use is for? As my experience with paths where you want part of circles to be in there is actually to use a part of a circle.

There are 2 ways of cutting away the rest of the circle. I'll explain the, in my humble opinion, the way that offer most control.

- Draw a circle path with the Shape tool.
- Select the path with the Path selection tool (Shortcut A) - black arrow
- Switch to the pen tool.
- Now with the pen tool add 2 extra anchor points to the existing circle path, more specifically where you want the path to end and where you want the path to start.
- Swith to the Direct Selection tool (also under the shortcut A, but the white arrow) and select the anchor points you want deleted between the anchor points you've just created, but are part of the circular path you don't need.
- Simply hit delete.

Last edited by Rarity on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chenjesu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It nearly works! Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: