PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Straighten tool doesn't work properly in PS CS6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

rfe777

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Straighten tool doesn't work properly in PS CS6 Reply with quote

Hello everyone

I'm trying to use the straighten tool in PS CS6 after using the ruler tool to mark the horizon line in one of my pictures, but the straightened photo has white/grey borders where the original picture was before. I haven't had this problem on PS CS5.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

TIA

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In CS6 the picture isn't cropped automatically anymore, the blocked white/grey represents transparency - there's no part of the photo there.

Three ways that offer a fix for you:
- The easiest, crop away the transparent border. Press 'C' to activate the croptool and while holding shift and alt drag in one of the corners (the other 3 will be dragged in as well) and simply click the check mark up top or hit enter.
- If your keen on keeping this resolution (might be you took more photos that day and you want all of them to have the same size) you could enlarge it by Ctrl+T and while holding alt and shift dragging one of the corners outwards. However, this lowers the quality (insignificant difference) and an other option could be making a duplicate layer by ctrl+J selecting the transparent parts with the magic want or w/e you prefer and using the content aware fill by pressing Shift+Backspace and selecting content-aware and pressing enter. You could fix what ever needs fixing with the stamp tools.

rfe777

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try what you said here Rarity. Thanks :)

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Bart said basically, but I (depending upon use) would use option B of the above, or (with obvious caveats) the Content Aware Transform/Scale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: