PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Loosing Some Text Efects When Converting to JPEG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

workinonit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Loosing Some Text Efects When Converting to JPEG Reply with quote

I have CS2, and I've added arched text to an image. I've added many effects to this text, and when I merge visible or flatten layers to get a jpeg image, the effects (contour, bevel, inner glow etc.) disappear and the result is a very 'flat' and dull looking text!! arrrrgh What to do????

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. Turn off the background layer if you want transparent background and then Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E to make a layer stamp, this does have the effect of rasterizing your text layer though.

Is seems as though Ctrl+Shift+E should work (merge visible), are you sure the eye icons in the layer stack are turned on/off as appropriate?

workinonit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Turn off the background layer if you want transparent background and then Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E to make a layer stamp, this does have the effect of rasterizing your text layer though.

Is seems as though Ctrl+Shift+E should work (merge visible), are you sure the eye icons in the layer stack are turned on/off as appropriate?

Thanks for your response,...yup, eye icons are on, and merge visible, or flatten still eliminate "some" of my effects when converting to jpeg. I notice my post has had quite a few views, but only you've responded. I guess it's a mystery.....or a bug!!??

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

workinonit wrote:
thehermit wrote:

Thanks for your response,...yup, eye icons are on, and merge visible, or flatten still eliminate "some" of my effects when converting to jpeg. I notice my post has had quite a few views, but only you've responded. I guess it's a mystery.....or a bug!!??

Yeah there definitely is some mystery to it, at least for me, I've heard of the problem before, yet not encountered it once. Any possible solutions I could give are therefore nothing more than just random thoughts on fixes in stead of actual knowledge.

There are a few things that pop to mind though:
- Create layers from the layer styles before merging (not sure if this is available in CS2) - click the little FX on the right hand of the layer panel and click create layers to do so. Then merge the created layers with the original layer to have a layer again with the original image and the layer styles applied to it.
- Rasterize the layer styles before merging, right click the layer and click rasterize layer styles. I know for sure this should be in CS2 but I'm doubtful if any loss of effects that occurs when normally flattening the image doesn't occur here.

Grtz,

workinonit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bart...tried your suggestions but the result is the same!! How frustrating this is.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the layer stamp? That should work, although it's a cranky workaround.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: