PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Another new guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

richyr116

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Another new guy Reply with quote

Just signed up to see what's going on with Camera Raw and CS5. I just bought a Nikon D600 and was not thrilled to discover that Adobe hasn't brought out a Camera Raw for CS5 that supports the D600. Bummer. Anybody else dealing with lack of support for their cameras in Camera Raw?

thehermit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You may have to use the DNG converter try this link:

DNG 7.2

As far as I can make out it supports your camera format.

richyr116

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: DNG Converter & Nikon D600. Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice, but the DNG converter 7.2 apparently doesn't recognize Nikon D600 NEF files. When I tried to use the DNG converter to open a folder containing pictures I took with the D600, nothing showed up in the folder.

saimgee123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome here.

richyr116

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: DNG Converter & Nikon D600. Reply with quote

richyr116 wrote:
Thanks for your advice, but the DNG converter 7.2 apparently doesn't recognize Nikon D600 NEF files. When I tried to use the DNG converter to open a folder containing pictures I took with the D600, nothing showed up in the folder.

I have found an answer to my problems since posting the above message, and it is considerably cheaper than upgrading to Photoshop CS6. It's called Corel Paintshop Pro X5 Ultimate. It recognizes NEF files from my D600, and if I want to do something to the files that I can't do in Corel, I can convert them to DNG files that my CS5 will recognize. The Corel program may not be as powerful an editing tool as Photoshop, but it seems to be more than I need to work with my files, and it only cost $70 for the full version as opposed to $200 for the CS6 Upgrade. I still think it stinks that Adobe didn't bring out a Camera Raw file for CS5 that will recognize the D600's NEF files.

Norfolk Lad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try Lightroom instead of Corel. That has the latest ACR demosaicing software in it and DNG converters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: