PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do I type from shape to shape?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

whitezombie455

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: How do I type from shape to shape? Reply with quote

Hi I need to know if it is possible to have two shapes and type from one shape to the other shape inside. This means that when one shape is full it will move to the top left corner of the other shape.

[/url]

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say, there isn't a way to do this automatically.

If you want to use Photoshop to do this the easiest way is either use the text tool and drag a box for the 1st column type in there and cut/paste the overflowing text in the 2nd and then repeat for the first. If you really used shapes you can actually use the shapes' paths for a typebox speeding up the process slightly.

It works and it gets the result that your after, the only, and quite big, downside to this is that when editing the text after splitting it up in columns will most likely result in having it to fit and split up again.

By my knowledge, the only Adobe program that allows text flows like this to be done properly is InDesign.

Grtz, R.

whitezombie455

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang I was hoping to reduce my 9 layers down to 1 easily editable layer.....=( Are you sure there isn't a plugin of somekind I can get to allow me to do this???

Rarity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.psd-dude.com/design-news/photoshop-text-to-column-plugin.aspx

This might be something, haven't got it myself but it might do what you are looking for. I must say I have no clue in how much control you'll have over the settings to match things up exactly like you want them to and all that.

whitezombie455

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there by any chance a free version of this plugin? Seems silly to have to pay for a feature that should exist already in photoshop.

Rarity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't know and I'd say it's going to be way harder to find a proper decent one than it is to pay the 4 bucks.

Most useful plugins are paid, even if the feature should be in PS by default to most's opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: