PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
detailed selection help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

freedomfarm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: detailed selection help Reply with quote

Hello . . .
After using a 1995 version of photoshop since then, I finally upgraded to PSE 11 and am "diving in" hard trying to take it to the "next level" for me. I am trying to overlay an intricate pattern over a body so it looks like a tattoo. The pattern is black and white. I'm not happy with "overlay" or making the layer opaque. Is there a way to remove the white color only on the B&W pattern leaving just the black? Or is there a fairly simple way to select the black pattern? I want the pattern to be bold and her flesh tones to remain the same. Thanks for any help/thoughts/ideas : )

freedomfarm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: satisfactory results . . . Reply with quote

I went back at it and tried the "magic extractor" tool. That seems to be the best way I guess (yes. . . I'm a rookie)? I also just zoomed in carefully erased around the patterns which took forever. I still had some white edges on the black pattern I wanted to cut out so I burned that layer and darkened it with the contrast/brightness. Results are acceptable-ish . . . It just seems like there might be a better way. I'll go back and see if I can use the color removal option/tool . . . It seems like it'd be simple to just remove the white, leaving the black pattern.
Any ideas? Thanks

thehermit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blend If.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: