PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Lumix RW2 Raw File Processing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

gpblancs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Lumix RW2 Raw File Processing Reply with quote

I have a Lumix DMC FZ200 Bridge Camera and I want to process the raw files it produces in Photoshop CS5.

I have the latest raw plugin but this does not support this cameras raw file format.

Has anyone had the same issue and how did you sort it.

PS. I don't really want to use the free software which comes with the camera to do this.

Thanks

gpblancs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update.

After I put the post on I did some more digging and found on Adobe.com info about converting Raw file formats which CS5 does not support into one that it does using the DNG converter programme. Free download from Adobe.

And it works. It's a bit of a long winded process as when you convert the . RW2 files into .DNG files you need to save them again. I saved them as .PSD files for ease of working on.

But anyway, problem solved.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, gpblancs.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: