PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Event poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

SSO

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Event poster Reply with quote

This is my most recent piece, which I am very happy about. As it says (in Danish, I know......) it's a poster for a hip-hip/rap/poetry-slam inspired event, happening in Århus, Denmark on August 31.

Tell me what you think, I'm alway open to some constructive critisism! ;)

Click this

//SSO

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about some of the light blue font against some of the other colours, with some they work well, with others... not so much.

Font choice good, style pretty good and the photo? not so good (like a candid shot of a homeless person) - then what do I know about the contemporary scene in hip-hop/rap!

Acixify

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the bottom left hand corner part of the picture where it's just long hair, maybe extend the bars going across downward a little to show more of the top part of the picture, and none of the bottom.

Also, I agree with @thehermit about the font color, maybe change it so something that stands out more against the background color of what you're typing on.

I do love the outward pointing arrows around the date & time, makes it stand out more and gives it a rap & hiphop sort of feel too it along with the bars going across with the different colors striping.

I like it a lot other than what I mentioned about the bottom picture and the font color.

Great Job & Good Luck
Nate~

SSO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies!

About the font colors, I tried to make it a little 'off' on purpose, because I find it really chraming when colors mix up in some less 'traditional' ways, yet still blend in with each other (I'm really glad that gradient maps exist!).

The picture is of one of the earliest winners in the competition, from a previous event. Also I left the bottom left cornor of the picture visible, because I think it creates a little more tension and sort of action to the poster, that the sripes/bars aren't going all the way down.

Again; thank you a lot for the feedback! It's much appreciated.

SSO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**On a side note, the poster has already been printed and can be seen all over Århus (the city where the event is happening). I'm really proud and excited to see how they look, when printed.

Sorry for double post.

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would get your camera and take shots of the posters in situ for your portfolio, just to add depth.

SSO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
I would get your camera and take shots of the posters in situ for your portfolio, just to add depth.

I live quite far away from Århus, but I have a friend who I can probably talk into taking some photos for me.

iloveprint

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get a copy of one of the posters for yourself? If you did you could always just hang it up around where you live and take a photo of it. Should work just as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: