PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Artificial Hand - have layer follow the path of the pen?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jamoyo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Artificial Hand - have layer follow the path of the pen? Reply with quote

I am trying to create a whiteboard animation video (with out an actual white board). I'll be using a wacom bamboo tablet to draw with the pen tool and record the drawing with some screen capture software. The part of the process I haven't figured out is how to include a moving hand so that the picture appears to be drawn by a real hand, and not just appear from thin air.

So the best way I can describe what I'm looking for is to possibly have a layer that has a hand holding a marker. Then when I draw with the pen tool (via the tablet) that layer follows the path so that on my screen, and in the recording, it appears like a hand is drawing the picture.

I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions or know how to do this, please let me know. Maybe there's some other video editing software I should use to bring the hand in instead of trying to do it in photoshop and record it that way. I'm just at a loss at this point. Thanks again for any help/expertise you can offer.

jamoyo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so now that I have a tablet and I did a test, it's NOT the pen tool. It's the brush tool. So I guess what I'm trying to do is replace the dot (hover) over the brush from a dot to a hand/wrist/forearm so that as I draw on the tablet, it appears like someone is drawing on my screen. Make sense? Is that even possible?

jamoyo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I do draw, I want the hand to be in the screen, but a hand is not being drawn, a line is.

Frank1263

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a typical Flash animation. You can make an object (a hand) follow a path that you've drawn. It might be possible in Ps but I'm not an expert on that subject.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: