PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Creating logo issues
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

heineke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Creating logo issues Reply with quote

Trying to create a logo for a web banner. Having some difficulties.

The image I create tends to be way to large for the web banner. Is there an easier way than trial and error to determine the correct size this should be?

After I rasterize the image, and I resize it I believe the height and width of the photoshop background white paper is much to large. How do I shrink the background but maintain the size of the image?

I would love to learn how to make a cool logo, but right now I am just trying to figure out the right size of text that needs to be on the site. Thanks

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you list the website one of the members here should be able to tell you how large to make it.

You can try taking a print screen of the website while viewing it and then cropping the canvas to the size desired then scaling your banner to fit in the cropped canvas.

To Crop:

Use the rectangular marquee tool (Press M) to draw a box around the edges of the image and the white paper, then go to menu IMAGE > CROP and it will delete the white paper.

When you have no white paper and just image go to menu IMAGE > IMAGE SIZE and you can re-size the image from there

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you open the file in PS then it should remember the file dimensions (for instance a banner that is correct dimensions) when you choose new file, the clipboard remembers (if I remember correctly).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: