PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photo Color Problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

C4talyst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Photo Color Problem Reply with quote

I'm helping a photographer with her website. She sent me a disc full of images that she had processed with Aperture on a Macintosh. I'm running Windows 7 and when I view her photos in Windows Explorer they look as they should. As soon as I open them in Photoshop CS5, the colors in the image change and look richer. It's a big noticeable difference and I can't view the photos or save them as they appear in Windows Explorer. Can anyone tell me why Photoshop is doing this?

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like a colour management issue to me. Is your file tagged with a profile? and what profile settings do you have Photoshop set at?

colour management/Photoshop try reading this article to get a better understanding. Also bear in mind that there is an inherent gamma difference between Windows and Mac.

C4talyst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hermit, if I look at the properties of the file she sent me, it says it's using 24-bit RGB, which matches what it says in Photoshop. However, when I open the photo (any of her photos) in Photoshop, the saturation of the image appears to change immediately.

This happens only with her photos that were edited in Aperture on a Mac. I've never seen this when working with any other images in Photoshop.

C4talyst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a screenshot of my desktop when working on her photos...the image on the left is in IE, the one on the right is open in Photoshop. See the saturation difference? I've looked at the image in browsers that have color matching too, like Opera and Chrome.

C4talyst

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, when I save the open photo for the web in Photoshop, if I deselect "Convert to sRGB" then the image reverts to looking like the original. Strangely, the jpeg properties show that the image is sRGB...so why it changes or Photoshop attempt to convert is still a bit of a mystery to me.

K-touch

PS Version: CS, CS2, CS3, CS4

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Photoshop will always show you true colours, Windows Explorer is not a Photo software, so what ever Photoshop show is right, but if you think the photo looks different then it could be your "colour sittings" in photoshop, cause every file carries the same infomation to your computer, so if your photographer friend has saved it in a different sitting to yours, it'll always look different.. hope you understand

Cheers,
Kersi : )

http://www.kantabiz.com/videos.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: