PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Brush help with Photoshop CS3 and dimensions for banner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

alipscomb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Brush help with Photoshop CS3 and dimensions for banner. Reply with quote

I am using photoshop cs3 for pc and am trying to create a design for a banner for my church. The banner is to be 4 x 8. I haven't contacted the printer yet for what dimensions are needed for them yet, which of course would be the first thing. But I wanted to start working on it so i can get an idea of what the final product will be. I set the dimensions 4 x 8 inches 400dpi. When I went to use some of the brushes i had on the background, they were really small and when I enlarged them they were distored and the resolution was really bad. Is there a way that this can be corrected? I would like to use some of the bruses I have on the banner. Would I need to find high resolution brushes for a design this big? I've worked with photoshop before on flyers and stuff but nothing this big. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. I am somewhat lost when it comes to designed a banner of this size. Thanks!

trytrix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For printing purposes 300dpi is enough.
Best to use high resolution brushes.
Perhaps you can post your brushes so we can have a look at them.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
first i would give the printers a call and find out what they require... ie, format, what ppi or dpi they require ..

also you need to think about the pixel deminsions, the 4x8 doesn't tell you that... you want a good size resolution deminsions.... low res comes out not so good..

you don't mention what your pixel deminions that will make big differece on some of your decsiions... like trytrix mentioned 300 ppi is more than enough and in fact i wouldn't be surprised if the printers say 240 dpi ...

the brushes.... don't know what brushes your using.... and maybe your using the wrong brushes... i created a 4x8" banner at 1200x2400 pixals, 240 ppi, and the hard edge round brush was nice and sharp...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: