PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Lighting a certain side of an image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

joshft91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Lighting a certain side of an image Reply with quote

Hey guys! So I'm working on a little banner here, and here's what I've got going on.

Here's the original banner - I like pretty much everything about it, except for the fact that it's a big too dark on the left hand side and makes it tough to read.

Here's the second banner which is a bit lightened, but this is where I'm having a bit of trouble.

The second image is good brightness-wise on the left hand side, and here's what I did to get it like that:
Went into gradient overlay, set opacity to 7%, angle to 180, and scale to 10%. The style is set to linear.

If you look closely, you'll notice that though the left side is good in the 2nd one, the right part of the image was dimmed a bit. I'm wondering how to brighten just the left side part, up through the 2nd "s" in the word "mass".

Thanks all!

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate the background layer and set this layers blending mode to screen.

You could also try 'bevel and emboss' or 'outer glow' to make it stand out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: