PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Airbrush eraser in Photshop CS4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

skypilotpete

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Airbrush eraser in Photshop CS4 Reply with quote

When I used Photoshop 6, I always used the eraser airbrush tool when blending layers in a collage. Now that I have CS4, I cannot get the eraser to function in airbrush mode. Following instructions I have found on the web, I select eraser -> brush mode, but the airbrush icon in the brush toolbar is greyed out and I can't find any way to activate it.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

I am running Windows 7 64. Photoshop CS4 extended, version 11.0.2

skypilotpete

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a photoshop beginner, I have no idea if my question was so simple and obvious that nobody could be bothered answering it, or if nobody actually new the answer. In case it is the latter, and it might help someone else, I am posting the solution I have finally discovered.

As may be blindingly obvious to everyone else but me:
1) Select the brush tool, as if you were going to use the brush as a brush - NOT the brush mode within the eraser tool options.
2) Click the airbrush icon to the right of Mode - Opacity - Flow.
3) Now that the airbrush tool is selected within the brush options, leave the brush tool completely, and select the erasor tool, then the brush mode, and hey presto, the airbrush icon is now available.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi sky,
first thank you for the solution to your issue...

although question maybe simple, solutions in most cases are not or just plain elusive regardles how simple... smiling..

myself never had that issue...
i haven't answered because i couldn't find and i could n't duplicate the problem
i figured it was setting or procedural thing... run into that sort of thing all the time...

with your info the only way so far i can come to the orginal issue, is in the brush mode if i pick "block", air brush greyed out, but even then once change airbrush button activated... i didn't have go to the brush tool first.. i was already in the eraser tool .. airbrush tool activated..

but thank you for getting back to us with your solution....

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi skypilotpete and thanks for your question, but even more for taking the time to post the response that was the solution to it.

Honestly, I didn't see the original post, but thanks for coming back and taking the time to share. It makes the world go round and all that jazz :)

renata

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it but I didn't know the answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: