PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Problem applying effects in layers in real time with Mac Os
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

IMAC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Problem applying effects in layers in real time with Mac Os Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I have always wonder why Photoshop sucks so much for Mac.
In windows, when i want to apply an effect to a layer i can be looking the result in real time just by clicking on the layer panel, in the effect input and moving them up or down with the keyboard arrows.

Its a really good way to know which effect is better for that layer in a very fast way.

With Photoshop (cs5 in this case) in Mac, when i select the input on the layer panel i can move it with the keyboard arrows but then the effect is not applied untill i click enter.

Do you guys interstand what i am trying to explain?

It really makes everything much more slowly and unconfortable.
That's why i dont like to work on Mac for Photoshop (appart from the color differences)

Any solution to this?
Thanks.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi imac
well this is my opinion but i think i am pretty close to the mark...

as far as what your discribing... that been true for years.... i have seen little things you can only in the mac version and there was only things you could do in windows version..

the major part of the reason i think is the simple fact that windows and mac the OS software works differently and in different programing lanquages...

in addition to that though is another fact that apple is very secretive how certain things are done, and very hesitant about releasing info and helping software manufacture... and also there not very co operative with software manufactures....

an example... when photoshop cs4 was be developed... now adobe went apple to find out which various programing lanquages that would be required in order for cs4 to work under apple, at this point apple told them... adobe then
procedded, well when adobe was 90% done with both thewin and mac versions (they were planning to released both at the sametime) however apple made changes where different programs lanquage would be required..butdelayed, forseveral months, telling adobe adobe that they made a major change in lanquages... so adobe had to stop all developmen of the mac cs4 version and completely rewite mac cs4 photoshop ... that cost adobe millions of bucks also of course they were about 6-8 months late and a lot of mac owners peeved off at adobe... but it was really apple fault.... ... that whole episode is why there alway been a unfriendliness between the two companies.. and also why a lotofsoftware manufactues don'tlike to make software for mac machines.

IMAC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... there's no solution for this little problem???

How can people work on the Mac versión with this impediment?
It really makes the edition much more slowly...

I personally can not work on Mac because i try so many effects until i find the one i like. Prove-error method.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: