PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Quick Selection Tool - Turning off soft egde
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Armani12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Quick Selection Tool - Turning off soft egde Reply with quote

I just can't make it work.. I need to use QUICK SELECTION TOOL to select part of image and then cut it out and paste it exactly in the same place. But whenever I do it, that tool automatically add feather to the edge so I can't paste it in same place again!

I already turn on hardness to 100% and I don't see any other options I can alter to eliminate it.

Anyone can help me with this?

Picure:

THANKS A LOOT!

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't change the behavior. Cutting in Photoshop always removes a tiny bit of the edge.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i have noticed the same thing with my cs5 when using the quick selection tool
it has a little feathering effect .... haven't a real good answer ... justusing littlle tricks i don't know if it will work for you and that project or the workflow your in .

1. after selection use the refine edge .. and adjust contrast to get a sharper edge however sometime it leave the edge alittle jaggy ....

2. another meathod i have used.... is convert the selection to awork path and then convert it back to a selection ..

3. another trick i have used... initially make a maskfrom the selection and then convert mask back to selection i have found , dpending on what i am trying to, that works sometimes....

i wish i could help more .....

CreativeFreedom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to use the Clone Stamp Tool to slowly, piece by piece recreate the missing space with the similar surrounding color and texture.

Works like a charm for me!

renata

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try using select>modify>expand/contract to get the selections to overlap a little.

Sorry if you already know, but be aware that you can save your selection under select>save selection. This lets you reload the exact same selection and experiment with the expand (or contract) to see if you can make it work for you. Try 2 or 3 pixels.

Another option is to start working with it as a mask instead of as a selection. The masks panel has a couple of options which might be useful to you. e.g you can play with feathering options and see it "live". If you save the selection, you will automatically have a mask. See the channels panel - control click to select then use to create a layer mask on your working layer (that's when you can use the masks panel).

Not sure if that helps, but it's somewhere to start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: