PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop turning JPEG image greenish in color?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

dockdogman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Photoshop turning JPEG image greenish in color? Reply with quote

Okay I am new here so if this question has been asked a dozen or more times please forgive me. My wife is a "New" semi-professional photographer and she has an issue that was jusr brought to her attention. When she shoots she shoots in raw and then open the file in Photoshop to do any editing she needs to do. Once done there when she saves it as a JPEG it looks fine if you open it up again in photoshop but if you look at it in paint the entire picture has a real light greenish tint to it. If she open it in Lightroom and then saves it into a JPEG they look great. Somehow in the Photoshop process she is doing something wrong. Any ideas on how she can fix the problem? Anyone!

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
just off hand the two things i suggest to check on, when working ps, check and see your in rgb mode and also check your edit>color setting and see if your workspace set in Srgb ... also what bitmap... 8 bits or something else

different modes can result in some unusal coloration in other programs...

those are my thoughts

dockdogman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked on both of those and both checked out. Any other thoughts? Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
Always have idea just a matter if there reasonable possiblity ...lol....

now getting into more difficult thoughts... since adobe has alittle program running in the back to help with display of color where your other programs don't anyway..

from photoshop and from let say with your other program youdisplay the jpg ..

if you print it do you see any greenish?

open it up in you browser and see if you get that greenish... '

now generally when i start any editing i alwys take a look at my channels
and make sure the grey scale is nicely balance... before you save take a look and see if the color channels are balance or ther a issue with one of the channels.. for eamcpl if the green or red/green channel off you might get a greenish tinge although that should be noicible in photoshop...

however..... if the color profile not being embeded then maybe a issue... so make sure the color profile is embedded..

on the jpg.... goto file>save for the web ... and try using both with embedding color profile and without... and try the different view settings..

DrMikeinPDX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem if I choose "save as" and save as a jpg.

If I choose "save for web or devices" the photo looks fine when viewed with other software.

I assume this is a color profile issue, but I haven't taken the time to track it down yet. It's so easy to save for web or devices.

Mike

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this may help a little Colour Management
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: