PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Lust Dream
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Skyhawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Lust Dream Reply with quote

Working with background blending and would love to hear what you think. Thanks!

(I have this in wallpaper size if you want a copy~1280x1224)

Lust Dream3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  108.25 KB
 Viewed:  712 Time(s)

Lust Dream3.jpg

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i like your work....

ithought the the image was to dark.... at least on my screen. i was thinking maybe lighten the girl alittle that would pull a person eye more toward the girl... as it is...at least with me... it sort of a battle which get first attention the girl or the background and blobslll

also was thinking did you try to remove that stand she sitting on? and how it would work with the overall theme... i was thinking maybe it would be alittle more provacative if it appears she was floating... just a thought...

Digitalgfx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Lust Dream Reply with quote

I agree very dark overall, I think you could adjust the lighting effects, the blood splatter has a moon type glow from above,
if you added silver to white lighting on the girls body from above to compliment this and a sense of depth by adding a shadow to the wall behind.

-Digitalgfx

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like her tattoo :)

Skyhawk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your comments. I’m inclined to agree with you both that this image is far too dark especially when viewed from a laptop, if that’s in fact what you are using, however, when I create these images I use my 20 inch screen where colors are a tad different and details are way easier to see, so that may not translate too well. This is all good tho because I need to be aware of the difference and run these images through my laptop before posting them. It should be lighter now,see below.

Jerry, thanks for the feedback buddy, actually I was not trying to remove the stand she’s sitting on those might be compression lines, although I like your idea of her floating in thin air.

Digitalgfx, your advice is spot on. I see what you mean about the moon glow and adding white light to the girl’s body. I had some free time so I did a quick mod, see below. Thanks!

Auieos, Thanks!

Lust mod.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  148 KB
 Viewed:  669 Time(s)

Lust mod.jpg

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
compression lines... to me it looks like a block she sitting on...

one thing to keep in mind.... is your monitor settings..!!!
not all are equal!!! smiling... if your monitor not setup right for brightness/contrast/gamma ... when you edit.. and display on other monitors you may find the color and brightness/contrast do not match your originall ... also that will effect your printing!!!! ie: on monitor it looks good but the printing comes out too dark or too light..!!!!

bottom line check yur setting and get them close and also for all your pc's ... you can set thing eyeballing or you can use a calibration program..

now the gal... i don't know if this is what you wanted.. but it looks like the center of her body is more brighter than her head!!!

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To sort out the striations, either Gaussian blur and add a little noise or even better (still not foolproof) create your PS files in 16bit not 8bit. Although the caveat remains that it may be the technique used not always the bit depth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: