PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photo editing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

sheetka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Photo editing Reply with quote

Hi

I'm currently working at an internship where we sell silver and gemstones.
This is where I take a lot photos each day and edit them in photo shop.
The idea is simply to make the background white, but whenever I get to edit white or glassy products it's where trouble starts.

For other colors I use selective color, select the white color and lower the black value to whiten the grayish background a bit.
Afterwards I use levels to finish the job and most likely it's good enough like this, though this is simply no use whenever I edit white things.

Basically what I need is a (quick) way to edit these white products and any help will be greatly appreciated :)

thanks

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will always have trouble with selection methods when the colours are so close to each other.

A possible solution to make it quicker and easier would be third party software specifically for this purpose.

http://www.vertustech.com/fluidMask/overview.html

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
I am not expert by a long shot with jewlery that almost a specialty in itself... smiling..

Auieos idea is very good.... there a lot of specialty software out therelike that...... look at chromakey type software....

it sounds like your the one that setting up the shots and editing them and that good because there thing you can do.... when you take a real good picture for starter makes everything else easier...

also are you using a light box.. your able to better control the lighting..
a light box you can either buy one ormake your own... there cheap but valuable...

here a idea ....
the main thing you want is have a nice contrasting background for if you do that make things easier and faster!!!!

a lot of prof will use the technique of using a contrasting color screen for there shots... and the reason it much easier to remove the the color and put in background you want including white... smile...

so what you might do isget some blue ,green or black cloths to place objects on and take your pictures... the background is generally easy to eliminate
in fact once you use the right color background then it easy to change or remove that back ground with ps and all you have is the just object..

now depending on your pictures and background... if it repetitive enough youmight want use a action script to speed up the process a little more... especially if you have scores or hundreds to do in a session
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: