PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CS5 doesn't allow me to zoom right into a corner...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Mr Davo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: CS5 doesn't allow me to zoom right into a corner... Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have noticed an interesting change in the "Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar" view between versions CS3 & CS5.

In CS3 it is possible to zoom outside of the image, or effectively zoom right into a corner, and then drag the navigation box to the side, past the confines of the actual image. This feature, shown in the link below, is very useful for getting into "hard to reach places" when cleaning photos up.

However in CS5 this is no longer possible.

The CS3 verison is superior in my opinion as it is easier to get right into the corner of an image (at high zoom leves) and use the eraser or brush tools.

If anybody can tell me if CS5 can be setup to allow for the behaviour in CS3 that I described above can you please let me know how?

Kind Regards,

Davo

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi davo,
not quite sure if i understand....

but sounds like the issue is that your it just that the pallet keep overlapping your image...... whichprevents you from doing things....

mmm ...
now currently your image is centers on the screen...., how about shifting theimage to one side... and that would give you lots of room...

one way todo it and there probably others.... ..

there at the top click document arrangment and then click float all windows... , on my cs5 the main image immedially go to the the upper right corner , this should give you the flexibily you need... hope so.

Mr Davo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Further clarification on original post! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

As clarification:

1). In both pictures, attached to this message, you will notice that the "red selection box" in the navigation windows is at the absolute top left corner - it cannot be moved any higher, or any further to the left.

2). Only is CS3 is it possible to work with the picture that is being edited not taking up the entire work area - e.g.: only in CS3 is it possible to have the "red section" highlighted in the picture below!

Having the "red section" as illustrated above, allows for greater precision working with circular brushes, amongst other tools - when you really need to get right into the corners or edges of a picture.

Kind Regards,

Davo

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see where you are coming from really, the area scribbled red is outside of the canvas area and therefore the red loupe in the navigator panel won't show it, it only shows the canvas area. You can as you have done navigate anywhere outside of the canvas too and move it to your liking. As you cant affect the area outside of the canvas, I am perhaps still missing your point.

Sorry to sound down on you, I'm not, you even illustrated your point well, I just can't get a handle on it at the moment, but in truth I forget what CS3 had different.

Mr Davo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: It doesn't sound like CS5 can do it! Reply with quote

Hi All,

Being able to show an area that is not part of the actual picture means that you can zoom in "more" toward the corner of the picture. This makes working with circular selection tools much easier as you can see all of the selection tool rather than just part of it.

If you use a circular selection tool and move that tool "past the half way point" of the brush then it will disappear off screen.

At any rate, I am coming to believe that there is no way of making CS5 behave like CS3.

Thanks for your postings.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try view > screen mode > standard screen mode

and then adjust the scroll bars so you get a corner border then you can go back to full screen mode and it will stay the same.

bit of a annoying work around there should be some way to do it in full screen just have to find it.

*use the hand tool to move the canvas in full screen mode

you can even throw it around if you release at speed :)

ht.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.07 KB
 Viewed:  1335 Time(s)

ht.jpg

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
how about just enlarging the canvas, not picture itsel but just the canvas... that way your navagation windows can then overlap and include both the canvase the edge .. just a idea... that something i was always doing with my cs1.

Mr Davo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify here is a YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXsU6WuQjLE&feature=youtu.be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: