PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Nightly ritual
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Skyhawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Nightly ritual Reply with quote

Had some time so I thought I'd blend some elements together, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Ritual in the woods.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  175.81 KB
 Viewed:  737 Time(s)

Ritual in the woods.jpg

jerryb4417

PS Version: photoshop cs5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Nightly ritual Reply with quote

hi,
sounds like you had fun and i like it.... that left tree object that looks good but the right tree not as good...

on the guy is that supposed to be smoke or fog on the lower half? i was wondering on that.... I was wondering if he was either suddenly appearing or going to dissappear... .. smiling

Skyhawk wrote:
Had some time so I thought I'd blend some elements together, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Skyhawk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Nightly ritual Reply with quote

jerryb4417 wrote:
hi,
sounds like you had fun and i like it.... that left tree object that looks good but the right tree not as good...

on the guy is that supposed to be smoke or fog on the lower half? i was wondering on that.... I was wondering if he was either suddenly appearing or going to dissappear... .. smiling

Well, at this point it’s left up to the individual imagination, Jerry. I wasn’t quite sure myself what I was doing; I just felt the need to create. Perhaps I can adjust the tone or contrast a little more on the tree to the right and maybe do something additional with the smoke/fog. I was even thinking of adding more elements to the scene but didn’t have the stock at the moment. As to whether the guy is appearing or disappearing I would say that for the moment he might just be looking over a boiling caldron of tasty body parts. Thanks for the excellent feedback buddy; I’ll continue working on it.

I would love to hear more, thanks

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
Well i know what you mean about not having stock images... over the years i created my own collection image in my collection. beg , barrowed, stowed...lol..... from the net (all for personal use not commercial) and i got bout 15-20,000 now ... but when i do my various projects i never have that right one on hand grrrr..lol...

actually the thing with the smoke that really good in this case... it add's drama and like you said.. leave it up to the viewer to imagine/think about , what it about.. maybe adding a little ground fog or maybe darken, or a couple of suble objects, don't know, will add a little more mystery/drama on what the guys doing... good or evil!!!

oh by the way your ps skill better than mine it appears// smiling..

thehermit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry, this is your councillor, step away from the stock! ;)

renata

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spooky!

Skyhawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I was busy this weekend I managed to put in a few minutes to modify this image. Here I added more contrast to the face embedded in the tree to the right and also added more mist/fog to the mix just to bring out the drama that Jerry was referring to. Finally, I added two more elements - the Ravens - to balance out or fill in the empty space above. Hope that works out better…

In the woods final.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.85 KB
 Viewed:  668 Time(s)

In the woods final.jpg

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
a couple of thoughts...

i don't know if you thought about this... if so forgive me on the redundancy..

there various ways to draw attention to a image or objects in a image...

sometimes you do use emptypness force the viewer eyes to a certain area...

also colors and boldness can also.... either force a viewer to a certain area in the project or away...

now the bats , unless that your desire, the bats bold blackness, very dominent, really force my eyes on to them.. and away from the guy and other objects, the bats sort of dominate the image ....

you can do a a lot of experimentations with that picture......

Skyhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerryb4417 wrote:
hi,
a couple of thoughts...

i don't know if you thought about this... if so forgive me on the redundancy..

there various ways to draw attention to a image or objects in a image...

sometimes you do use emptypness force the viewer eyes to a certain area...

also colors and boldness can also.... either force a viewer to a certain area in the project or away...

now the bats , unless that your desire, the bats bold blackness, very dominent, really force my eyes on to them.. and away from the guy and other objects, the bats sort of dominate the image ....

you can do a a lot of experimentations with that picture......

Hi Jerry, thanks for your invaluable feedback. You are absolutely right about the focal point of the image; the two bats do attract the initial attention of the eyes. But that’s okay because the eyes will eventually roll down to see the rest of the image, so there’s no real loss there. It’s like the appetizer before the meal, the bats are the appetizer. Yum, yum! And although I’m not a professional graphic artist - this is really a pass time for me - I do have a modest understanding on the finer points of linier perspective, depth of field, focal points, and color application. Your advice is well taken and appreciated. Thanks!

jerryb4417

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
definitely i am no professional neither...lol...

but you know what has help me over the years..

1. i took a required basic art class back in 7 grade... although i looked at the class at the time just a fun class , the things i learned from that class. colors, perspecive, design, etc , was invaluable not only in later carreer but when i am doing my projects

2. much later when i was going for my BS degree, required to take a art appreciation class... that also was invalluable.. it was primarily a discussion class on how the painters used various attributes such as perspective and colors to manipulate what the viewer sees or interprests...

3. and photography. early years heavy in photography for fun, with my friends talked a lot about setting up shots, how to create interesting shots...

bottom line... those three items above have ended up helping significantly in m career and in my hobby....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: