PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
help me edit the photo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

d_animality

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: help me edit the photo Reply with quote

Hello all, this is officially my first post here, im a new member and i really have no idea on using photoshop, super newbie but sadly thats what i am, so please help me became an expert or atleast more than a newbie

i just took pictures of my brother but i want the picture to look very cool and can catch everyone attention. i really have no idea where to start and how to use photoshop, i really like to see people edit their picture from ordinary to extraordinary, it very inspires me to do so but i dont know how to do it, i really hope all the people here can help me on this, here i attach the small version of the picture so people can get what i meant..

so for the picture i attached, i want the background a bit dark where only the lights and a bit white of the car only shown, and i want the lights effect as if it shows who is the important in the picture, sorry if it sounds insane, but thats what i meant..more like the effect on 2nd picture (attached)

i want it to look more like the artists photograph.. please help me what to do to make it looks being edited by the pros... im so new on this Cry

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this?

d_animality

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes something like that... how did u do that? but is it possible to make rays of lights coming from that car spotlighting the character?

seaco

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean like this?

d_animality

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes wow that is so nice.. how did u do that can u teach me?

seaco

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say you are completely new to Photoshop so the short answer is no I can't really teach you how to achieve this with your limited knowledge I have been using PS for about ten years and I'm still learning.

I started by going to night classes then reading books and doing what it said step by step until I understood it unfortunately there's no short cut to learning PS it's just practice, there are hundreds of lessons videos hints and tips on the internet now just type Photoshop into Youtube and you'll be amazed what's out there...

Danman03

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would strongly recommend picking up the photoshop classroom in a book. I just used it for a class I took for photoshop and it helps out a whole lot. I would also just searching for tutorials, they are pretty good about using simple terms to help people achieve the end results.

Rachel Hobbs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with Danman and seaco, there are tonnes of youtube clips and tutorials out there are photoshop books you can borrow from TAFE if you enroll in a small class for PS. Take it up, its worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: