PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
help with figuring out how to resize a photo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

dward1222

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: help with figuring out how to resize a photo. Reply with quote

Hi Everybody-

I am haveing a brain fart and can not figure out how to select a photo that will let me hold the shift key and re-size it on the fly.

Can anybody suggest a solution for me?? I created a frame in photoshop and I'm trying to add a photo to it but I cant figure out how to re-size it and then add it so its the right shape. I know that it is probably a simple fix, but for whatever reason, I can't figure it out.

I'm using Photoshop CS, thanks

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely- Douglas

renata

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I've got the right picture, just ask again if not. Could be a few things:

- If your photo is a background layer, turn it into a "normal" layer to resize it. Do this by double click on the thumbnail (or use layer>new>background from layer). You should now be able to resize

- If you are using the move tool to resize, check that you have 'auto-select' ticked (top left) if you want to find the handles.

- Also check that the auto-select is set to 'layer' (not 'group', though unlikely)

- If the picture is too big and you can't see the edges, try resizing the window to be smaller. Then the edges of the layer should appear in the gray (grey!) area around the outside. You can do this by using the zoom tool (ALT-click to make smaller: Windows).

- Make sure that you have selected the correct layer (sounds silly but I fall for it all the time)

Hope this helps. Keep asking if it doesn't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: