PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to select multiple layers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

dward1222

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: How to select multiple layers Reply with quote

Hi There All-

I am learning how to create frames in photoshop and one of the steps is to select all layers and combine them. The tutorial calls to "hold down the shift key and click on each layer to select them" but when I do that, nothing happens. Can someone give my a reason why this doesn't work what I can do to select all my layers. I am currently using CS.

Thanks for your time.

Doug

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the layer stack, click the first layer you wish to select, making sure that you are not on the thumbnail portion and then hold Shift and click on the bottom/top of the layer stack. All layers in the stack should be highlighted. If you wish to select individual layers and not a contiguous, then instead use Ctrl to select individually.

You could also use the shortcut Ctrl+E or Ctrl+Shift+E or to merge visable. Or indeed you could make a stamp of the layers that you have done so far by using the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E. This is what I would do as it maintains a non-destructive workflow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: