PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Nothing will work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

knuckleupz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Nothing will work Reply with quote

So I just bought my copy of Photoshop. I had been using the trial for the last month. (by the way this is my first semester in school and I have never used Photoshop before. Yes I am that ignorarit to Photoshop.) I am trying to follow tutorial for school working in channels. I open a new background, grab my brush tool, set my pixel size, click on my canvas..... NOTHING HAPPENS!!!!

Can someone please tell me how to fix this because I cant even do my assignment.

Thanks a Ton

Greg

P.S. The background is unlocked.

renata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to draw on a normal layer? If so, just check that you're not painting in the same color as the background, that the opacity (at the top) is not zero, that you have the 'blending mode' on the layer set to 'normal'.

There could be a lot of things. Here's a tip. If you want to show us a screenshot of what you've done, hit the Print Screen button at the top (assuming Windows...). This puts a picture of the screen on your clipboard which you can then use to help demonstrate your problem (e.g paste it into photoshop, paint etc and output then upload a cropped copy).

You'll have a lot of fun with Photoshop, but you're going to have to be willing to persist. You can't stop because one thing goes wrong, you have to keep fiddling.

Let us know how you get on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: