PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Monitor calibration advice wanted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

renata

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Monitor calibration advice wanted Reply with quote

Hey guys. I was thinking of buying a basic monitor calibration tool and wondered what you thought.

I use two monitors and it's become obvious that the color on each monitor is different. I've used the built in Windows utility,which helps a bit, but I'm sure that a proper tool would make it a lot more accurate.

I'm looking at something called a "Spyder 3 Express". It's the most basic one. I know you get what you pay for, but do you think that it would be good enough for a non-pro like me?

Any advice appreciated.
Diana

*** edit: seems this basic one doesn't work with multiple screens...

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend spyder 2, which can be bought at a competitive price. There are more recent models and I can't attest to their value over version 2.

Here's a link that may help you decide, you will have to trawl, but it should help you make your mind up a little more Monitor Calibration Software

renata

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I'll definitely have a look.

renata

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mr Hermit, my Spyder3PRO arrived today. They don't seem to sell spyder 2 any more (at least not around here). I had to go one up from the basic because of my dual monitor setup.

I was so dumb I had to puzzle out how to attach it. Then I found a suction cap in the box and used it to stick the device to the screen. THEN I found a little slip of paper saying not to use the suction cap on an LCD....

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your help and share with you that now I can move my windows around between monitors and the colors no longer look radically different! How good is that, eh?

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha renata the suction cup and the paper, that's funny! :) You never find the paper before, it's a rule!

Funnily enough just as you sort your monitor out, mines on the fritz, glad you got it sorted though, it's always nice to be assured that what you see is more or less what you get.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: