PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Thoughts on photoshopped picture
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

NikInPgh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Thoughts on photoshopped picture Reply with quote

I am taking a photoshop class for a certificate and just need your thoughts - the teach er gave us the photo, we had to replace the face on the girl in the gold dress.

Can you give me you thoughts as to what else I need to do to make it look real? I did paint the face some to match the skin tone, but don't want to paint it too much to make the skin perfect.

Can I add noise to the girl in the gold only to match the other girl?

Thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

try4 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.17 KB
 Viewed:  708 Time(s)

try4 copy.jpg

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The face painting looks bad. To match skin tone, use an adjustment layer. Hue/saturation is the simplest method, but you can also try Selective color, Color balance, or Channel mixer to get the desired effect.

Match the lighting and shadows, look at the girl on the left for the direction and intensity of the light and shadows. The dodge and burn tools usually pretty work well for that part.

NikInPgh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I tried your advice and came up with the following. Any thoughts? On the original picture, the girl in the gold had no shadows, more of the flash was on her, but I chose to eliminate the flash on the new face.

Thanks for your input

try10 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.93 KB
 Viewed:  680 Time(s)

try10 copy.jpg

Danman03

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would refine the edges some more, especially around the hair. Make the selection and then click refine edges button at the top. You can mess around with the settings and use the refine tool to clean up the hair. It works really well and basically for that purpose.

NikInPgh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to refine edges on a layer if I have made changes to it since then? I am using elements and I don't think it is possible. I think that means I need to go back and start over. Want to see if anybody knows that answer before I do that.

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you given face or could you choose any face?

Very important to get a match on position and angle of face when swapping.

Can tell her face has been smooshed. (Devils Advocate btw)

As for your last post its easier to blend hair from new face into hairline of old face rather than match edges.

Also what sort of teacher gives this project to Photoshop class. Its only ever used for mischief.

NikInPgh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's for a adult continuing ed program offered through our local community college - it teaches how to use features of photoshop - it's not a graded classes / college class etc -

We were given both the original photo and and the replacement face to use. The original picture, the girl sort of was looking up (had her chin down) but I tried playing with perspective and can not do the same thing.

When you say - face is smooshed, do you mean have it to small? Crushed? etc? The original picture she is staring straight on so I had to turn it.

I think I did figure out to refine edges from a layer, trying that now.

Danman03

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I am pretty sure you can refine the edges on the new layer. But, I think it might be better to use that tool from the beginning, that way you can get the original hair to copy over.... Not too sure tho with elements.

Auieos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is what i meant, i can tell she has been turned etc.

Oh well don't worry to much about my comment then because you have done a great job with what you have been given. To replace a face it should have the same angles, be bigger size than the pic its going into, and match the lighting etc.

Hope your having fun with the course.

AndreeaaSTV

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks good ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: