PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Dashed Lines through paths?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Pilford Mec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Dashed Lines through paths? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here could possibly help me with a conundrum I am having.

I work for a company whereby we design plans for building sites, and I need to map the drainage for water flow beneath the ground. For this I use a dashed line.

The way I am creating this at the moment is by using paths, and then stroking with a brush and then manually erasing consistently at interval points.

However it has become quite a time delaying bit of action lately so I was wondering if anyone here knew how I could possibly be able to draw a path and then automatically have a dashed line be created?

Thank you!

Pilford

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Pilford Mec. Increasing the spacing of your brush, should do the trick. If you go into the brushes palette you can change the spacing and the angle jitter, to suit.

Pilford Mec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
Welcome to the forum Pilford Mec. Increasing the spacing of your brush, should do the trick. If you go into the brushes palette you can change the spacing and the angle jitter, to suit.

Thanks for your quick reply Hermit!

I have now got the spacing between the dots which is great, but I would need it to be a more dashed line like this:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/unled2f.jpg/

As when I try and get a single brush which is slightly longer, the lines don't follow the direction of the path!

Thanks!

Pilford

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this help any? Dashed lines tutorial
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: